Gerard Dash, the outgoing Student Government Association President, discusses the past year in SGA.
Host: Katie Randa
Gerard Dash ’12
- Three main themes: Accessibility, Diversity and Inclusion
- Accessibility initiatives: Buses to Charlotte, new car sharing program, Safe Ride Van, Walmart Wednesdays
- Primary Diversity and Inclusion initiative was the “The Big Talk”, co-sponsored with Patterson Court Council
- What is Gerard proud of? What was his favorite SGA sponsored event?
- Commitment to Dinner at Davidson and the Davidson Trust
- Which initiatives did the Dash administration start which will grow next year?
- Interact with the SGA on Facebook and Twitter, and learn how to become involved in the SGA.
A Year in Review with Gerard Dash
Last year, The Office of Admission and Financial Aid interviewed students participating in the 1st annual Dinner at Davidson, a student-run fundraising initiative to support Davidson’s generous need-based financial aid packages.
This past weekend was the 2nd annual Dinner at Davidson, a wild success! Students raised $20,000 to benefit the trust. The college recently posted several podcasts from the event on Davidson’s iTunes U page. We encourage you to check them out.
Last year’s Dinner at Davidson podcast.
This year’s Dinner at Davidson on iTunes U.
Host: Chris Marsicano
Student Government Association External Affairs Committee:
Shirley Akrasih ’12, JD Merrill ’13, Liz Rollins ’10, Jordan Starck ’12
P.S. Student Run Restaurant:
Rob Mayo ’11, Kate Stewart ’12
- What is the Dinner at Davidson?
- Why would students run a fundraiser for their school’s need-based financial aid program?
- What exactly is the Davidson Trust?
- Intrigued about Androgyny’s “remix of a traditional Davidson song?” Listen to it here.