Andrew Brown ’12 shares his “Davidson Moment”, when he realized what liberal arts is all about.
My Davidson Moment: Andrew Brown ’12
“My Davidson Moment” is a collection of short recordings, snapshots of an individual’s time at Davidson. Collectively, these snapshots aim to showcase the larger Davidson experience.
Host: Katie Randa
Dr. Pat Sellers ’86, Associate Dean for Curriculum and Professor of Political Science
- Why new distribution requirements?
- How do the new requirements embrace Davidson’s concept of a liberal arts education?
- How do the new requirements differ from the old requirements?
- What comes next? What is on Davidson’s to-do list for the next school year as we prepare for the Class of 2016.
New Distribution Requirements
Host: Jeff Tolly
Kristen Eshleman, Director, Instructional Technologist for the humanities and social sciences
Robert McSwain, Instructional Technologist
- What is Instructional Technology?
- Examples of successful use of technology in the classroom.
- What resources exist for students who want to create videos, perhaps pursue video production as a profession?
- Software and hardware in the Connolly Media Lab.
- What is the role of technology and media production in liberal arts?
- Role of Instructional Technology within the new Center for Teaching and Learning.
Instructional Technology and Media Production